Saturday, 2 June 2012
Finally Arriving :)
Yeah I finally arrived at Kuala Lumpur! As expected it is quite hot here but I had the best sleep last night after a very long journey. I survived the somewhat street food test which was super delicious but somewhat crazy for my first day!! Thankfully the dukarol works haha thanks Nick for the advice. When the coordinator mention that the intern house is no luxury, she wasn't understating that fact. The place is super simple with no hot water nor AC and barely a kitchen but has an awesome view. We had a long debriefing session last night and they mentioned that I would need to build trust with the various NGOs and organizations before I can take a bigger part in their work. Anyway I will go and explore now to get acquainted to my new home for 3 months! Take care everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dude...no AC?!
ReplyDeleteYour welcome btw! And the dukoral won't guarantee u dot get sick, but your a lot less likely!
Nick it actually isn't that bad now without AC. After the first few days of sweating like a pig now I am think I am a little more climatized to the tropical weather. Haha yes dukoral I will remember that the dukoral is not a guarantee lol. One of my fellow interns is a pharmacist from Korea and she doesn't know what dukoral is so I guess it is mainly used in north america.
ReplyDeleteHey there! Hope you've become acclimatized to the weather & life in KL. Update soon to let us know how you're doing :)
ReplyDelete